The history of the hotel

1612
Count Kraft VI. of Hohenlohe creates a large animal park with a hunting lodge between “Platzhof” and “Zweiflingen”. During the Thirty Years’ War the animal park and the hunting lodge falls into the hands of the surrounding courts.
 
1712 -1717
Count Friedrich II. (later Prince of Hohenlohe) built the hunting lodge Friedrichsruhe.
 
1738
The complex of the hunting lodge is being altered into a pleasance. A large part of the forest of the animal park gets cleared and farmers settle the free spaces. The resulting village gets called “Tiergarten” (animal park).
 
1750
The name gets changed into “Friedrichsruhe”.
 
1829
Prince Alexander, son of prince Ludwig Friedrich of Ingelfingen, dies in the hunting lodge in Friedrichsruhe.
 
1953
The “Waldhotel Friedrichsruhe” (Forest-hotel) is opened.
 
1963
The number of rooms increases with a new building to 55 rooms. A heated swimming pool is built.
 
1964
Opening of the golf course (9-hole).
 
1969
The hunting lodge is expanded to a hotel. 17 twin rooms and five single rooms are built. With this step the “Waldhotel Friedrichsruhe” is renamed into Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe.
 
1973
Lothar Eiermann becomes manager of the Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe in December.
 
1974
The Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe gets its first Michelin star.
 
 
 
1992
The beauty farm of the Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe is opened.
 
1994
The golf course is extended to 18 holes.
 
1996-2000
Renovation works all over the Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe begin.  The Restaurant, the rooms in the main building, the front office and the hunting lodge now shine in new splendor.
 
2005
The hotel is taken over by the Würth-Group – with Lothar Eiermann still as its manager. In the same year the hotel-bar and the fireplace room emerge
 
2006
The hunting lodge is renovated. At the end of the enormous modernizations the house has got 39 rooms.
 
2008
The 4.400m² spa with its indoor- and outdoor pool, saunas, treatment rooms and a fitness room is opened. 27 new rooms in the spa-building emerge
 
2010
The remise with its six modern meeting rooms is opened.
 
2015
Jürgen Wegmann is the new manager of the Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe.
 
2016
The Gourmet-Restaurant with its Chef Boris Rommel is rewarded with a Michelin-star.
 
2017
The gourmet restaurant is being baptized and is now carrying the name “Le Cerf”. This is an allusion to the classic-french cooking and the hotel armorial. On 14th November 2017 the Le Cerf received its second Michelin-star.
 
2018
The Wald & Schlosshotel Friedrichsruhe gets the highest mark of 4 lilies and 20 points by the prestigious RELAX GUIDE for the nineth time in a row.